Sea Water Pump House
Six split-case centrifugal pumps providing seawater for the Astute Class Nuclear Submarine testing facility.
- High concentration of sandy seawater
- Long periods of redundancy
- Operating parameters of 43,000 l/min
- A long history of problematic operation and difficulties in maintenance
A modified vertical upgrade split-case centrifugal pump - designed, supplied, installed and commissioned by NW Total Engineered Solutions Ltd, with ongoing data monitoring programme.
- Superior hydraulic efficiency leading to longer working life
- Minimal pipework and civil work
- Axially split casing allows the rotating element to be removed without disturbing the pipework, reducing maintenance
- Standardised, modular shaft and bearing cartridge arrangement minimises spares holding requirement
- Renewable casing wear ring allows pump efficiency to be easily maintained, minimising through-life costs
- Cartridge bearings and seals can be removed without disturbing the pump casing